The ECG/EKG Training Class is 8 hours in length, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6-10pm for two nights. This time will be spent primarily doing hands on performance of EKG's on fellow students and friends and family. Classes are held in Salt Lake City (Murray) Utah ONLY. The cost of the EKG class is $195.00
Over the next 20 years as more and more of the baby boomer population reach older ages, analysis of the heart will be an increasingly common procedure.
Knowing how to perform ECG's/ EKG's will be vitally important for you to have in your medical training repertoire. Make sure you don't get caught without the knowledge you need to help caregivers diagnose, and treat individuals with heart disease. Don't let your career FLATLINE !! Enroll Today !!
- In 2006 631,636 people died of heart disease. Heart disease caused 26% of deaths, more than one in every four in the United States.
- Heart Disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. Half of the deaths due to heart disease in 2006 were women.
- Coronary heart disease is the most common type of heart disease. In 2005, 445,687 people died from coronary heart disease.
- Every year about 785,000 Americans have their first heart attack. Another 470,000 who have already had one or more heart attacks will have ANOTHER HEART ATTACK.
- In 2010, heart disease will cost the United States $316.4 billion dollars. This total included the cost of health care services, medications and lost productivity.